We hear it time and time again; “Park Academy saved my child.” Park Academy “changed my child’s feelings about school, improved their self-esteem, made evenings at our house peaceful again, and helped my child learn to read.” We are a safe environment where students struggling with learning differences, especially dyslexia, are understood and have access to the multi-sensory education they need to be successful. Our incredible teachers work diligently to create this safe environment through thoughtful planning and consideration.
In the spirit of the season of giving, we invite you to partner with us to support our students’ experience by purchasing some gifts off of our wish list. These suggested gifts were chosen by our faculty as things that would enhance their classroom, curriculum or their own personal development. These manipulatives, technology, organizational tools and other resources ensure that our students receive the type education that works best for them.
We have made it fairly simple; almost all items are listed on our Amazon Wish List. These items range from $10 to larger ticket items. We do have some wishes that even Amazon can’t fill, those can be found here.
“Access to technology helps me with homework and taking notes in class. It has been huge for me!” High School Senior
“Art class is my favorite here, it helps me express myself.” Seventh Grader
“I get to play different instruments in Mrs. Carroll’s class. I just found out I like to play the guitar. I want to learn other instruments too!” Fourth Grader
Of course, if you would prefer to make a Financial Contribution to Park Academy, you are welcome to do so! These cash gifts will be used for our highest need.
On behalf of myself, our students and families, faculty, staff, and Board of Directors, we wish you a wonderful holiday season! We are grateful to have your support of Park Academy!
Head of School
Want your impact to multiply?
With these few steps, you can help our students even more:
Order Amazon SCRIP through Park Academy prior to your item purchase.
- Contact Elizabeth Dovewith the amount you would like on your Amazon gift card (the amounts come in $25 or $100 increments), and Park Academy will receive 3% of the total amount! To use SCRIP, you must place an order with Elizabeth Dove before December 8th.
Choose Park Academy as your Amazon Smile program.
- On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you are prompted to select a charitable organization from our list of eligible organizations. You can change your selection at any time. To make Park Academy your charitable organization:
- Sign in to amazon.comon your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Find and select Park Academy.
- Shop at amazon.cominstead of the regular amazon.com to earn donations for Park Academy!
Park Academy relies on private contributions in order to enhance and maintain a high-quality education for students struggling with dyslexia and other language learning differences. The annual expense for each student is approximately $24,000. Current tuition only covers 80% of these costs.
Since dyslexia affects students from a variety of backgrounds, including economic status, Park Academy is committed to seeking funds to ensure that all children have access to the education that meets their neuro-diverse needs.
Currently, 30% of our students are eligible for scholarship or tuition assistance. Without this help, these students may be left behind. Given the support at Park Academy, we dramatically change children’s lives. And our 100% graduation rate is a reflection of that!
To learn more about the Park Academy Scholarship Program, or to make a scholarship gift, please contact Elizabeth Dove at 503.594.5780.